Today is Friday. Our family has picked three destinations we would enjoy going to this weekend, and tonight we have to pick one. Most places are closed on Sundays in Germany, so we have to make the most of our Saturdays. Since we can't go for a long weekend, we are trying to stick relatively close to our area. Our three sites are The Zugspitze, the tallest mountain in Germany; the Berchtesgaden National Park that I mentioned yesterday, which is the farthest away; and an old castle in Meersburg near Lake Constance that is the opposite direction from the others. Lake Constance in Germany is called the Bodensee and is a beautiful large lake where many people sail and enjoy water sports. It is bordered on one side with the Swiss mountains, and on the other side with low rolling hills covered in German vineyards. As you can tell from my descriptions, I am leaning towards the castle. Besides, if we go there, we can get back in time to watch Clemson play Maryland. GO TIGERS! I just can't help myself. :-) Check back on Monday for the Surprise Reveal on an all new episode of Spitzers in Bavaria!
My question for the day yesterday was "Which zoo has the largest number of species in the world?" The answer is the Berlin Zoo. We really hope to get there sometime, but it could be tricky unless we take a vacation to Berlin. It is an overnight trip by train or a 7 hour drive by car. But there are SO many things to see and do in Berlin, that I am sure eventually we will get there. The zoo has a wonderful website with an English translation if you would like to check it out: http://www.zoo-berlin.de/en.html.
Today's question for the day is " How many countries border Germany?"
Today's word of the day is "Headache" - die Kopfschmerzen: pronounced kohpf-shmare-tsehn. My youngest came home with his first cold yesterday. It hit him all the sudden, but he seems to be managing a little better this morning. I am hoping I don't get the cold as well, but I have had a headache for the last day and a half that nothing seems to help. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we don't all get sick such that we can't go exploring this weekend.
Until Monday (bis Montag),
Frau Spitzer