I didn't expect it to be so soon that I would be blogging again, but I (and the younger son) just had to share this with you. We had a bag of potatoes sprout in our refrigerator about the time that it was starting to get ... well ... not so snowy. And of course the younger son, who is always wanting to experiment, wanted to know if we could plant them. I said, "Sure." I mean, what harm could it do. Well two of the several that we planted have now come to fruition. Below is a picture of the potatoes I harvested today from the two plants that have finally withered away. We have six more that we planted, I think, that are still sporting green leaves and doing well, so they should be coming in in a few weeks time. I hope the heat we are expecting for the next few weeks won't be a problem. Needless to say, we are having potatoes tonight with supper. :-)

Potatoes harvested from just two of the plants. There was one more, but I ate one just to make sure they tasted ok.

You can see the withered leaves on the left of the big green leafy plants.
Hope all is well in the good ol' USA. Weather is definitely warmer and sunnier this week here, but it is still not as warm as the stories I've been hearing about home. Hopefully, you all will get relief soon. We love you all!!!
Amie