Thursday, August 21, 2008

Getting Ready to Leave

Hello! My name is Mrs. Spitzer. Many of you may know me from the front office at Beech Hill. Unfortunately, I was not able to stay at Beech Hill because my family is moving to a region in Germany called Bavaria. Did you know that some of the scenes from "The Sound of Music" were filmed in the southeastern region of Bavaria?

I am very sad to be leaving Beech Hill, but I am extremely excited to get this chance to go with my family to Germany. But I am even more excited to be able to share this experience with all of you at Beech Hill as well as our family and friends!!

We will fly out on August 31st, landing in Stuttgart. From there we will drive to our new town, Kemten. Try to find both cities on a map if you can. I will post a map in the next couple of weeks or so with our path marked. See if you can find some other cities that are on the way from Stuttgart to Kempten.

Check back often to see pictures, once we get there, of our town and the Bavarian countryside. My next post will probably not be for another week or so. Once we arrive, I hope to post something each day and to hear from you! I'll finish each post with a German word or phrase of the day. Today, though, I need to give you two. First is the phrase "Guten Tag." This means Good Day and is a way of greeting each other in Germany. The second phrase is "Auf Wiedersehen" which means "until we see each other again" and is a German way of commonly saying "Goodbye." So,

Auf Wiedersehen,
Mrs. Spitzer